JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
A DIFFERENT FALL OUTING!
SEPTEMBER 14 – 16, 2018
Rainbow Resort Cabins & Canoe Livery, Mio
This trip is full, but you can contact Chris or Sharon to get on a wait list should someone be unable to attend.
- Friday and Saturday dinners and Saturday and Sunday breakfasts. Saturday’s lunch is on your own.
- The 5 cabins will accommodate 4 or 6 people per bedrooms and beds. The cabins be assigned based on all reservations. There is a maximum of 24 reservations available.
- The cabins all have the basic amenities as kitchen, bathroom, bedroom(s), living and eating areas. No Wi-Fi.
- Kayak float on the AuSable will be arranged after signups as cost is based on numbers. (Not included in fee.) Fishing is near. Rowboats available for $15 a day. Tubing and canoes are also available.
- Cost is $90 for members and $100 for non-members. Click here for additional details.
Trips Chairs Are:
- Signups and payments: Chairperson, Chris Wright, (978) 854-2222 with Sharon Roberts, (517) 230-5357. Food and meals: Chairperson, Rich Rybicki, (517) 663-1854 or firstname.lastname@example.org with Jim Carter, (517) 243-0321.
Upcoming Scheduled Events Are:
- September 7, Happy Hour Acupolco Mexican Grill, 300 N Clippert Street, Suite 17, Lansing. (Frandor Mall)
- September 14-16, Weekend at Rainbow Resort, Mio. (All cabins are filled. Waiting list only.)
- September 14, Happy Hour, Coaches Pub and Grill, 621 Bishop Road, Lansing
- Sept 19-Oct 7, ArtPrize, Grand Rapids
- September 21, Happy Hour, Leo’s Lodge, 2525 E. Jolly Road, Lansing
- Sept 21-22, Old Town Bluesfest
- September 28, Happy Hour, Spartan Hall of Frame, 160 W. Lake Lansing, East Lansing.
- September 30, Charity Bowling, Strike for a Cause, from 1-3 p.m. at City Limits East. $20 per person. Katherine Lincoln is again coordinating this event. She can be contacted at (517) 853-4204.
- October 26, Halloween Dance/Party at Hawk Hollow’s Halloween Night.
- October 27, Don Theis Memorial and Tribute to his 73rd Birthday, Charlie’s Bar and Grill, Westphalia, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Click here for details.
- November 12, Purple Rose Theatre, Diva Royal by Jeff Daniels.Click here for details.
- November 30, Warren Miller annual Film showing.
- December 8, Christmas Party at Eagle Eye. Music provided by Tom Beckner.
NEW MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
The cost is $36.00 for a new membership or a returning member who was not a member in 2017-2018. Renewals for $30.00 ended June 24. Joining the Club is open all year.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).