JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
The Club has partnered with Collette Travels and is offering the “Discover Canyon Country,” trip, September 25-October 2, 2019. We enabled a discount of about $400, air travel as well as travel to and from the Detroit Airport. Final payment due July 27, 2019. Additional details on our website at https://jugandmug.org/events/discover-canyon-country-with-collette-travels/
- Click the following link to view trip details: http://gateway.gocollette.com/link/921820
- After March 25, all reserved seats were released to the public, reservations are on availability. If you are interested in this trip and current pricing, Contact: Collette, 800-581-8942 and refer to booking #921820 for reservation, costs, payment options or information.
- If you select the travel insurance, the $250 is due at signup time in addition to the $500 deposit.
- Reservations are first come, first served. Those who have reserved have been booked on Delta Airlines.
- Contact Club’s Trip Chairs: Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357 or Deb Maynard, 517-899-9682. Click JugandMug link: https://jugandmug.org/events/discover-canyon-country-with-collette-travels/
Upcoming Scheduled Events
Happy Hours Are:
- April 12, LeRoy’s Classic Bard and Grill, 1526 S. Cedar Street, Lansing
- April 19, The Watershed, 5965 Marsh Road, Haslett
- April 26, The Watershed, 5965 Marsh Road, Haslett
- May 3, Chili’s, 5055 Marsh Road, Okemos
- May 10, Chili’s, 5055 Marsh Road, Okemos
- May 17, Coach’s Bar and Grill, 6201 Bishop Road, Lansing
- May 24, Coach’s Bar and Grill, 6201 Bishop Road, Lansing
- May 31, Relli’s Italian Restaurant, 202 Main Street, DeWitt.
2019 Events Scheduled
- May 5, Book Club Meeting to discuss Min Jin Lee’s Pachinko at Katherine Lincoln’s home. Click here for details.
- May 18, Plant Exchange and Kayaking at Rich Rybicki’s home. Click here for details.
- May 21, General Meeting, Tony M’s, 2019-2020 membership signups begin.
- June 18, General Meeting, Tony M’s, 2019-2020 membership signups end.
- June 28-30, Beaver Island Weekend. Click here for details.
- July 13, Picnic at Sharp Park. Click here for details.
- July 19, Lugnut Game. Click here for details.
- September 6-8, Weekend at Rainbow Resort, Mio.
- September 28-Oct 3, Trip Discover Canyon Country with Collette Travels. Click here for details.
- December 14, Christmas Party at Crowne Plaza Hotel.
2019-2020 MEMBERSHIP Signup
Membership signups will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the May 21, General Meeting and end at the June 18, General Meeting. The cost is $36.00 for a new membership or $30.00 for a returning member who was not a member during the 2018-2019 fiscal year. All checks are to be made out to Jug & Mug Ski Club.
- Current members are to pick up a pre-filled application at the general meeting, verify your information is correct, sign and date the form and make payment of $30.00.
- If you are a new member or not a member last year, you will need to complete a blank application, sign and date, get 3 signatures and pay $36.00.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).