JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
Jug & Mug Ski Club Christmas Party
Saturday, December 8 , 2018
Eagle Eye Banquet & Golf Course 15500 Chandler Road, East Lansing
Eagle Nest Banquet Room, 2nd Floor
6 PM Social Hour. (Cash Bar) 7 PM Dinner (Plated)
Holiday and Dance Music by DJ Tom Beckner
COST: $40.00 member $45.00 non-members
Payment Options: November 20 is the last day to signup or cancel.
- Signup and pay at the November 20 J&M General Meeting at Tony M’s, Creyts Road.
- Signup and pay by mail. Click Here For Event and Payment Details.
- Pay online using PayPal.
Extreme Ski Movie “Face of Winter”
Friday, December 8, 2018
Hosted by Lansing’s Jug and Mug Ski Club
In Partnership with The Okemos High School Ski Team
6:00 P.M. Doors Open
7:00 P.M. Movie Begins
Okemos High School,2800 Jolly Road, Okemos, MI 48864
View the Warren Miller Entertainment movie trailer at http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/
The Club is again partnering with the Okemos High School Ski Club which provides them an opportunity to raise money to keep their Ski Club viable and active. Click Here For Event Details.
Cost: $10.00 in Advance $11.00 PayPal/Credit Card $15.00 At The Door (No Credit Cards)
On-line ticket sales end November 28. Ticket sales at the door begin at 6 p.m.
Upcoming Scheduled Events Are:
- November 12, Purple Rose Theatre, Diva Royal by Jeff Daniels. SOLD OUT. Click here for event details.
- November 16, Happy Hour at Franks Press Box West, 7216 W. Saginaw Hwy, Lansing.
- November 20, General Meeting, Tony M’s, S. Creyts Rd, Lansing. 6:30 p.m. social hour, 7:30 p.m. meeting.
- November 23, Happy Hour at Franks Press Box West, 7216 W. Saginaw Hwy, Lansing.
- November 30, Warren Miller 69th Film Event. For event details, click here.
- December 8, Christmas Party and Dance at Eagle Eye Golf Course. Click here for details and payment options.
2019 Events Scheduled
- January 15, 2019, Presentation, Discover Canyon Country, by Collette Travels, 5 – 6 p.m. at Tony M’s Restaurant, 3420 S. Creyts Road, Lansing. The Club has partnered with Collette for this September 25 – October 2, 2019, trip. RSVP to Barb Tanaka or Deb Maynard.
- January 25-28, 2019, Schuss Mountain Instructional Ski weekend. Click here for details and payment options.
- March 2-4, 2019, Cedar Bend Weekend. Click here for details and payment options.
NEW MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
The cost is $36.00 for a new membership or a returning member who was not a member in 2017-2018. Renewals for $30.00 ended June 24. Joining the Club is open all year.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).