JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
Just Announced: Kayak Float and Picnic
Saturday, July 7, at 2 p.m. from the Eaton Rapids Recreational Center, 114 Mill Street. Plan to arrive here at 1:45 to fill out your waiver form and make payment. You need to call Rich Rybicki at (517) 663-1854 by Thursday, July 5, to let him know to reserve you a kayak. Single Kayak $20 and float is about 2 hours to Bunker Hill. Click here for details and map.
Next planned Kayak Float is for Saturday, August 25, from River Town Adventures located at the City Market. Christine Wright is organizing this event.
Weekend of July 27-29
This year the Club is excited to offer its first trip to Put-In-Bay on South Bass Island, Ohio. Rooms have been reserved at Bay Lodging Resort. Make a payment of $100 to hold your room; balance due June 19. Contact chairs, Cindee Picklo, (517) 331-7800, or Tom Sarra (419)376-8744. Checks are to be mailed to Cindee. Click here for costs and event details.
As of June 28, Additional Upcoming Events Are:
- See July events above.
- Sunday, August 5, The play, Norma & Wanda being performed at the Ledgeview Theater. Picnic afterwards in Fitzgerald Park. Christine Wright and Rich Rybicki are coordinating this event. Details soon.
- Saturday, August 11, The play, Willow Run, at the Purple Rose Theater. Barb Tanaka is coordinating this event.
- Saturday, August 25, The Kayak Float from River Town Adventures. Chris Wright is coordinating this event. Details soon.
- September 14-16 Weekend to kayak fish and more. We will be staying at Rainbow Resort Cabin and Canoe Livery, Mio. A kayak trip on AuSable is being planned as well as fishing. Watch for details soon. Christine Wright, Sharon Roberts and Rich Rybicki are coordinating this event.
- September 30, Charity Bowling, Strike for a Cause from 1-3 p.m. at City Limits Eat. Katherine Lincoln is coordinating this event.
NEW MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
The cost is $36.00 for a new membership or a returning member who was not a member in 2017-2018. Renewals for $30.00 ended June 24. Joining the Club is open all year.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).