JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
Upcoming Scheduled Events
Happy Hours Are:
- May 31, Relli’s Italian Restaurant, 202 Main Street, DeWitt. Band normally plays.
- June 7, Pizza House, 4790 Hagedorn Rd., E. Lansing. Lake Lansing Concert: New Rule is playing.
- June 14, Blue Grill, 1591 Lake Lansing Rd., Haslett. Lake Lansing Concert: Country, Brenda Loomis.
- June 21, Mayfair Bar, 1585 Lake Lansing Rd., Haslett. Jazz Fest in E. Lansing. Lake Lansing Concert: Avon Bomb.
- June 28, Charlies, 117 S. Bridge Street, Dimondale
- July 5, Art’s Bar, 809 E. Kalamazoo, Lansing
- July 12, Sir Pizza, 201 Cesar, E. Chavez Ave., Old town, Lansing. Scrape Fest in Old Town.
- July 19, Nut House Sports Grill, 420 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing. The Lugnut Game.
- July 26, Bath Wildlife Pub, (MI wildlife Conservatory) 6380 Drumheller Rd., Bath Two.
- August 2 & 9, Cosmos, 2100 N. Larch Street, Old Town, Lansing
- August 16 & 30, Lansing Brewery Co., 518 E. Shiawassee St., Lansing
2019 Events Scheduled
- June 7, MSU Summer Circle Theater meetup. MSU Summer Circle Theate
- June 11, Council meeting at Keith Hines home.
- June 15, MSU Summer Circle Theater meetup.MSU Summer Circle Theater
- June 18, General Meeting, Tony M’s, 2019-2020 membership signups end.
- June 22, MSU Summer Circle Theater meetup.MSU Summer Circle Theater
- June 23, A Sunday picnic at Hawk Island Park.June Picnic @ Hawk Island Park
- June 28-30, Beaver Island Weekend. Click here for details.
- July 13, Picnic at Sharp Park. Click here for details.July Picnic @ Sharp Park
- July 19, Lugnut Game. Click here for details.
- August 23, A Friday picnic at Lake Lansing South Park and music at the band shell. Lake Lansing Park South
- September 6-8, Weekend at Rainbow Resort, Mio.
- September 19, 4 p.m. Collette Trip Participants Gathering at Sharon’s home.
- December 14, Christmas Party at Crowne Plaza Hotel.
2019-2020 MEMBERSHIP Signup
Membership signups will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the May 21, General Meeting and end at the June 18, General Meeting. The cost is $36.00 for a new membership or $30.00 for a returning member who was not a member during the 2018-2019 fiscal year. All checks are to be made out to Jug & Mug Ski Club.
- Current members are to pick up a pre-filled application at the general meeting, verify your information is correct, sign and date the form and make payment of $30.00.
- If you are a new member or not a member last year, you will need to complete a blank application, sign and date, get 3 signatures and pay $36.00.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).