JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
A DIFFERENT FALL OUTING!
SEPTEMBER 14 – 16, 2018
Rainbow Resort Cabins & Canoe Livery, Mio
- Friday and Saturday dinners and Saturday and Sunday breakfasts. Saturday’s lunch is on your own.
- The 5 cabins will accommodate 4 or 6 people per bedrooms and beds. The cabins be assigned based on all reservations. There is a maximum of 24 reservations available.
- The cabins all have the basic amenities as kitchen, bathroom, bedroom(s), living and eating areas. No Wi-Fi.
- Kayak float on the AuSable will be arranged after signups as cost is based on numbers. (Not included in fee.) Fishing is near. Rowboats available for $15 a day. Tubing and canoes are also available.
- Cost is $90 for members and $100 for non-members. Click here for additional details.
Trips Chairs Are:
- Signups and payments: Chairperson, Chris Wright, (978) 854-2222 with Sharon Roberts, (517) 230-5357. Food and meals: Chairperson, Rich Rybicki, (517) 663-1854 or firstname.lastname@example.org with Jim Carter, (517) 243-0321.
Additional Upcoming Events Are:
- Sunday, August 5, The play, Norma & Wanda, by Jeff Daniels, at the Ledges Playhouse, Fitzgerald Park, Grand Ledge. Picnic will follow, $7. Christine Wright and Rich Rybicki are coordinating this event. Click here for details.
- Saturday, August 11, The play, Willow Run, at the Purple Rose Theater. Barb Tanaka is coordinating this event. SOLD OUT.
- Saturday, August 25, The Kayak Float through downtown Lansing from River Town Adventures. Chris Wright is coordinating this event. Click here for details.
- September 14-16 Weekend to kayak, fish and more. We will be staying at Rainbow Resort Cabin and Canoe Livery, Mio. A kayak trip on AuSable is being planned for Saturday. Christine Wright, Sharon Roberts and Rich Rybicki and Jim Carter are coordinating this event. Click here for details.
- September 30, Charity Bowling, Strike for a Cause from 1-3 p.m. at City Limits Eat. Katherine Lincoln is coordinating this event.
NEW MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
The cost is $36.00 for a new membership or a returning member who was not a member in 2017-2018. Renewals for $30.00 ended June 24. Joining the Club is open all year.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).