JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
The Club has partnered with Collette Travels and is offering the “Discover Canyon Country,” trip, September 25-October 2, 2019. Because we enabled discounts, air travel as well as travel to and from the Detroit Airport, this trip’s package includes a savings of about $400 with the additional cost savings of $120.00 when reserved by March 18. Final payment due July 27, 2019.
- Click the following link to view trip details: http://gateway.gocollette.com/link/921820
- A deposit of $500 is required by March 18 to get the $120.00 savings.
- If you select the travel insurance, the $250 is due at signup time in addition to the $500 deposit.
- Reservations are first come, first served. Those who have reserved have been booked on Delta Airlines.
- Contact: Collette, 800-581-8942 and refer to booking #921820 for reservation, payment options, or questions.
- Contact Club’s Trip Chairs: Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357 or Deb Maynard, 517-899-9682. Click JugandMug link: https://jugandmug.org/events/discover-canyon-country-with-collette-travels/
Upcoming Scheduled Events
Happy Hours Are:.
- February 22, Coral Gables, 2838 E. Grand River Ave., East Lansing
- March 1, Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar, 33012 Towne Center Blvd, Lansing.
- March 8, Boston’s Restaurant & Sports Bar, 33012 Towne Center Blvd, Lansing.
- March 15, Reno’s East, 1310 Abbott Rd., East Lansing
- March 22, Reno’s North,16460 S US Hwy. 27, Lansing
- March 29, Reno’s West, 5001 W. Saginaw Hwy., Lansing
2019 Events Scheduled
- Now – March 18, 2019, Discover Canyon Country trip deposit of $500 is due on March 18 to get the guaranteed package price of $2,692. (Insurance of $275 not included.) After March 25, you will need to call Collette for a price. In addition to the 8 days and 10 meals, this package includes air fare and transportation to and from the DTW airport. Click here to access the trip’s gateway to view details. Trip dates are September 25 – October 2, 2019.
- February 19, 2019, General Meeting, Tony M’s, S Creyts Rd., 6:30 social hour, 7:30 meeting.
- February 23, 2019, Mardi Gras Party at Joyce Hensley’s Home, 6 p.m.
- March 2-4, 2019, Cedar Bend Weekend. Sign ups and payments are still being accepted. Click here for details and payment options.
- March 19, 2019, General Meeting, Tony M’s, S Creyts Rd., 6:30 social hour, 7:30 meeting
- May 18, Plant Exchange and Kayaking at Rich Rybicki’s home.
- June 28-30, Beaver Island Weekend
- July 13, Picnic at Sharp Park
- July 19, Lugnut Game
- September 6-8, weekend at Rain bow Resort, Mio.
- September 28-Oct 3, Trip Discover Canyon Country with Collette Travels.
The cost is $18.00 for a new membership or a returning member who was not a member in 2017-2018. This membership will be for period of January 2019 – May 31, 2019.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).