JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
Extreme Ski Movie “Face of Winter”
Friday, December 8, 2018
Hosted by Lansing’s Jug and Mug Ski Club
In Partnership with The Okemos High School Ski Team
6:00 P.M. Doors Open
7:00 P.M. Movie Begins
Okemos High School,2800 Jolly Road, Okemos, MI 48864
View the Warren Miller Entertainment movie trailer at http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/
The Club is again partnering with the Okemos High School Ski Club which provides them an opportunity to raise money to keep their Ski Club viable and active.
Cost: $10.00 in Advance $11.00 PayPal/Credit Card $15.00 At The Door (No Credit Cards)
On-line ticket sales end November 28. Ticket sales at the door begin at 6 p.m.
Upcoming Scheduled Events Are:
- October 19, Happy Hour, Reno’s East, 1310 Abbott Rd, East Lansing.
- October 12, Pistons v Cavalier game at Breslin Center. Sold Out
- October 26, Happy Hour at Jimmy’s Pub, 16830 Chandler Road, East Lansing.
- October 26, Halloween Dance/Party at Hawk Hollow’s Thriller Halloween Night. 7 p.m. doors open, 8 pm – 12 am dancing. $15.00.
- October 27, Don Theis Memorial and Tribute to his 73rd Birthday, Charlie’s Bar and Grill, Westphalia, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Click here for details.
- November 12, Purple Rose Theatre, Diva Royal by Jeff Daniels. SOLD OUT. Click here for event details.
- November 30, Warren Miller 69th Film Presentation. For event details, click here.
- December 8, Christmas Party and Dance at Eagle Eye Golf Course. Music provided by Tom Beckner.
2019 Events Scheduled
- January 25-28, 2019, Schuss Mountain Instructional Ski weekend.
- March 2-4, 2019, Cedar Bend Weekend.
NEW MEMBERSHIP AND MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
The cost is $36.00 for a new membership or a returning member who was not a member in 2017-2018. Renewals for $30.00 ended June 24. Joining the Club is open all year.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).