JUG & MUG, WHO WE ARE!
The Jug & Mug Ski Club was founded in Lansing, Michigan, in 1960. Our purpose is to promote year round activities and social relationships for single, active adults. Our year round activities includes walking, biking, kayaking and canoe trips, sing-alongs, cruises, book club, movie and theater nights, weekly pub gatherings, monthly parties, and of course, SKIING.
Your membership includes affiliation with the Metropolitan Detroit Ski Council (MDSC) and the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (MDSC); this provides access to over 100 Clubs/Ski Clubs to attend their activities and trips at regular member prices.
General Meeting Location
Our General Meeting location is at Tony M’s, 3420 S Creyts Road, Lansing. Their website is tonyms.com. (Meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.) We are excited to be here with a larger room with a tv and wi-fi to enhance our meetings. Social hour starts at 6:30 pm and the meeting starts at 7:30 pm. A photo slide show of events are shown during social hour. Join us! Mingle and pick up trip and event information.
Upcoming Scheduled Events Are:
- December 14, Happy Hour, Reno’s East, 1310 Abbott Road, East Lansing.
- December 21, Happy Hour, Pizza House, 4790 Hagadorn, East Lansing.
- December 28, Happy Hour, Pizza House, 4790 Hagadorn, East Lansing.
2019 Events Scheduled
- January 15, 2019, Presentation, Discover Canyon Country, by Collette Travels, 5 – 6 p.m. at Tony M’s Restaurant, 3420 S. Creyts Road, Lansing. Click here to access the trip’s gateway to view details. The Club has partnered with Collette for this September 25 – October 2, 2019, trip. RSVP to Barb Tanaka or Deb Maynard. Click here for presentation details.
- January 25-28, 2019, Schuss Mountain Instructional Ski weekend. Click here for details and payment options.
- February 8 – 10, 2019, Up north ski weekend for your choice of skiing, shopping, wine tasting and more. Staying at Stafford’s Perry Hotel.
- March 2-4, 2019, Cedar Bend Weekend. Click here for details and payment options.
The cost is $18.00 for a new membership or a returning member who was not a member in 2017-2018. This membership will be for period of January 2019 – May 31, 2019.
Completed membership applications should be mailed per instructions on the application. The treasurer, Keith Hines, will process and record payment. Questions regarding membership, contact Sharon Roberts, 517-230-5357, (Vice President) or Keith Hines (Treasurer).